Eight national athletes are now competing at the NGC/Sagicor/NAAA 2016 National Open Championships at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain, Trinidad. The (3) three day event which started yesterday June 24th is expected to continue until Sunday, June 26th. The athletes listed below will be seeking to attain the Olympic qualifying standards in their respective events. We wish them all the best on this journey to qualify for the Rio Olympic Games this summer.
- Dillon Simon – Shot Put
- David Ragiste – Long Jump
- Bevon Sylvain – Long Jump
- Brendan Williams – High Jump
- Yordanys Garcia – Triple Jump
- Mitchel Davis – 100m & 200m
- Shanee Angol – Javelin (Sports Woman Of The Year)
- Thea Lafond – Triple Jump
So far Davis ran (20.85) in the 200m and (10.45) in the 100m. More results from that event will be posted to our Facebook page. Click the link below to visit our page.